Documentation of Workshops from the NYC Grassroots Media Conference
Welcome to the NYC Grassroots Media Conference Workshop Archive.
- Watch Collaborative Democracy Workshop: Internet Bill of Rights (Part 1) (Part 2)
- Did you miss the Podcasting workshop? Listen to the workshop here. Miss the links they talked about during the workshop? Visit the blog set up by workshop facilitators Tianna Kennedy and Allie Alvarado further describing the tools you can use to start your own podcast. Thank you to free103point9 for documenting this workshop.
- Check out Fred Nguyen's Report on the Media Policy workshop at the NYCGMC with some audio from the session (3 min)
- Listen to the free103point9 Radio Lab workshop about transmission art and microradio featured moderator Sarah Lippek (free103point9, neuroTransmitter, Ryan Holsopple (31 Down), MC Audio Astrology (Perfect Radio), and Prof. Klystron (Red Orchestra)
- Listen to the "Culture Jamming 101" workshop at the 2003 NYC Grassroots Media ConferenceBlurring the lines between entertainment and activism, a new generation of artists and creative people are using media pranks, stunts, and internet sites to propagate new perspectives on old issues. Employing humor and marketing strategy, these folks have managed to get commercial media to do much of their work for them. Speakers: CARRIE MCLAREN (moderator, Stay Free magazine, www.stayfreemagazine.org) JONAH PERETTI (Nike sweatship prank, co-creator of www.BlackPeopleLoveUs.com) CARRIE MOYER (Dyke Action Machine, www.dykeactionmachine.com) SUE SCHAFFNER (Dyke Action Machine, www.dykeactionmachine.com) THE YES MEN (www.theyesmen.org)